Monday, September 6, 2010

More Fassbinder

I think I'm a little bit in love! He gets it...

It's true, in Paris I sit in a cafe, drink, play pinball, listen to music and write my screenplays. In Munich, too, I always have the radio on; I can get up, watch TV, and so on. I have to have an atmosphere where I can get up and do something else. These incredibly white sheets of paper really have something terrifying, something paralysing about them if I tell myself they've got to be filled up with writing. For me, writing isn't a sacred act, to be carried out in absolute silence. I find writing strenuous, because you have to formulate in words something that already happened in your head.

That's the first time I've ever had anyone totally agree with me on that point. As an aside: I also think in fragments when assessment's due, like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment