Tuesday, October 5, 2010

David Bowie

Well, it's that time of year again. The Big Day Out official first announcement has been made, which for me at least is the signal to start checking out the lineups for the summer festivals. I'm a mad music festival goer, for a few reasons. One of these is that I just adore the festival setup, and another is that although I love live music, my bank account is much more forgiving towards a $150 festival where I get to see LOTS of bands, than if I spent >$70 per ticket for each band I wanted to see.


But I digress.


One of my favourite artists of all time is the legendary David Bowie. I just think he's awesome - he's got so many catchy songs, wore costumes that leave Lady Gaga for dead, recorded with some of the other greats including Queen and Mick Jagger, and had that brilliant cameo in Zoolander. For the last six years or so, David Bowie has been rumoured for festivals around the world, including BDO - although, he hasn't toured since 2004. Every year I get excited that he's maybe going to join the lineup, and every year I'm disappointed (although, probably not as disappointed as my friend Ben, who was a massive Bjork fan. He had a ticket to the 2008 BDO where she was playing, and couldn't afford the ticket to her sideshow. She then developed laryngitis and couldn't perform - poor Ben was devastated). However, now I'm getting worried. I'm not going to be in Australia for the 2011 Big Day Out - but the second announcement hasn't been made yet. For the first time in... ever, I'm really hoping that Bowie's not on the list. I think if he is, I'll probably cry a little bit. And then try and track him down in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment