Saturday, June 12, 2010

The hazards of the new generation

So... I lost my mobile phone today. I'm pretty sure that I left it in my friend's car this afternoon, but the really depressing part is that I honestly feel like I've lost a limb. This is how dependent on technology I am, it's only been about five hours and I've got that little panicky feeling in my stomach (even though I know that there probably isn't any messages on there, and probably none that aren't from my mother). I feel like such a product of my generation, and that depresses me a little bit! I'm mostly concerned that when I do get it back, I will get depressed if I don't have any missed correspondence. Screw Gen Y, seriously. I want my life back.


In other news, a very good friend of mine was in a highly argumentative mood last night, because he hadn't had his daily reading/psychology fix. To tell the truth, I'm pretty happy that someone other than myself has withdrawals without their daily helping of the written word! Speaking of, if you haven't already, get into the works of Markus Zusak. The man is a visionary - I'd recommend The Messenger for sure, and I'm working my way through The Book Thief, which is truly, truly brilliant. He has some incredibly unique and thought-provoking ideas on the concepts of reality and individualism... and it's very well written, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment