Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Soundtracks to study

Of course, I'm writing this when I should be finishing off a rather large assignment. But it's not a very fun assignment, and I'm sure I'll have it done before it's due (tomorrow!). It's kind of my process... I can't function without a little bit of stress thrown in the mix. Probably not healthy, but whatever works, I guess. The other thing is that I can't work in silence. I suck at tests for this reason; the sound of no noise freaks me out and makes any piece of assessment seem bigger than it is. That's why, when I'm at home, I constantly have the stereo on... or if that's not possible, my ipod.

Today, I've got James Morrison's Undiscovered, The Avett Brothers' I and Love and You and Paolo Nutini's These Streets playing... I must be in a bit of a mellow mood. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about what music we have playing while assignmenting (yes, that is a verb now). His preferred soundtrack is composed of albums including Lisa Mitchell's Wonder and Dash & Wills Up in Something and Lily Allen's It's Not Me, It's You. Needless to say, he's a sucker for the female vocal. I'm more the opposite (although, I'm going through a bit of a Florence & The Machine phase... her voice is just brilliant. Speaking of, I found this clip of her performing with Dizzee Rascal at the Brit Awards. Love, a little bit).

Other CDs that I've had on repeat over the past couple of weeks have been the greatest hits of David Bowie, Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, Newton Faulkner's Handbuilt by Robots and Rebuilt by Humans, Mojo Juju's Sellin' You Salvation, MGMT's Oracular Spectacular and the soundtrack to The Boat that Rocked.

What can I say... I've got good taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment